The Fourteen Methods of Synchronizing with Primary Respiration – Metaphors of Interrelatedness – Post #7
Homage to Shantideva who wrote the greatest book ever on compassion:
“As long as space remains, as long as sentient beings remain, until then, may I too remain and dispel the miseries of the world.” – Shantideva
Homage to His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the King of Compassion. Please guide us in this time of need:
“May I become at all times, both now and forever: a protector for those without protection; a guide for those who have lost their way; a ship for those with oceans to cross; a bridge for those with rivers to cross; a sanctuary for those in danger; a lamp for those without light; a place of refuge for those who lack shelter; and a servant to all in need.” – Shantideva
Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy is a compassion-based practice.
“Compassion – our ability to feel the pain that we share with others.”
– Pema Chodron
There is no embodiment of order without dynamic stillness,
There is no movement in the universe without Primary Respiration
11. The Three Directions of PR
- The seventh synchronizing is with the three cardinal directions of PR.
- Outside – In. The initial perception is typically that PR is coming from the horizon intersecting with any or all of the embryonic fulcrums of the body mentioned above.
- Inside – Out. A deepening perception of PR originating from the inside of the body, usually from the heart or any embryonic fulcrum. Other possibilities mentioned below.
- Transparency. The experience of no source, origination or cause of PR. It is in a non-phasic state. It moves through the body unrestricted.
- Principle: The cycle of the three directions is either happening in you, the client, the natural world or all three. A typical session will demonstrate the entire cycle. Just remember that it is a non-linear process.
- Principle: Track PR in yourself first.
- Principle: This is not a belief system or dogma about a source or cause of PR but rather a perceptual clinical process. It is a phenomenological study of embodiment.
12. The Potency of PR
- AS was said at the beginning, PR is potent.
- The eighth synchronizing is with the potency of PR. The potency of PR exists on a spectrum of sweet to strong, liquid to firm, sad to joyful, hot to cold and so forth. There are many currents in the ocean. It is an expression of all the elements of the body combined and expresses the vitality and aliveness of the body. Thus, its expression is constantly shifting.
- At death the potency PR is very very sweet and gentle. It melts back into its expression of uniphasic expansion.
- Principle: Some biodynamic sessions end like death; the potency of PR dissipates and merges with the greater tide of PR. It is very transparent. Other sessions end with a stronger potency. Still other sessions end in the potency of dynamic stillness. Train by sensing the potency of PR in the natural world.
- Train by noticing the impermanence of all things big and small.
- The potency of PR is elaborated in the section that follows on what Sutherland called Ignition. Deeper perception of the potency of PR involves the five gates and five elements of Tibetan Medicine as illuminated in section 16. First explore the traditional meaning of Ignition as follows.