Craniosacral Therapy: The Ten Step Process
CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY: THE TEN STEP PROCESS
N e u r o a n a t o m y A p p r o a c h
with Dr. Michael J. Shea & Holly I. Pinto
This training is a revision of traditional courses on the bones and membranes of the cranium. Students will learn a revised 10 step protocol used most frequently in worldwide research that proves the benefits of Craniosacral Therapy. Students will learn the current 10 step protocol that is most effective with their clients.
Part One – 26 continuing education hours
July 26 to 29, 2018 Thur.-Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 9am-3pm.
1. Techniques and neuroanatomy of the cranial base – sphenoid, occiput and temporal bone; the cranial vault – frontal and parietal bones.
2. Anatomy and techniques for the transverse diaphragms:
A. Pelvic diaphragm
B. Respiratory diaphragm
C. Thoracic diaphragm
D. The atlantooccipital joint space: releasing the suboccipital triangle.
3. Neurophysiology of the autonomic nervous system. Skills for building neurological safety in the therapeutic relationship for optimal healing.
4. Techniques and anatomy of the dural membrane system from the cranium to the sacrum.
Part Two – 26 continuing education hours
December 6 to 9, 2018 Thur.-Sat. 9am-5pm, Sun. 9am-3pm.
1. Techniques and neuroanatomy of the face, mouth and temporomandibular joint space – ethmoid bone, vomer, maxilla and mandible bones.
2. Neuroanatomy and physiology of the 12 pairs of cranial nerves. The polyvagal system and the social engagement system in the therapeutic relationship.
3. Neurophysiology of the cerebrospinal fluid and the blood brain barrier in craniosacral therapy.
4. Techniques and anatomy for the fasciae of the neck, hyoid bone and cricoid cartilage.
5. Techniques and anatomy for the atlantooccipital joint space: releasing the jugular foramen.
This is a two-part course. Both sessions must be attended in sequence.
A certificate from the Pinto-Shea Cranial Institute will be awarded upon completion.
The course fee is $750. ($700 with a registration 30 day or more in advance.)
Call 618.239.6400 to register.
T h e B o d y T h e r a p y C e n t e r A n d S c h o o l O f M a s s a g e
4 E x e c u t i v e W o o d s C o u r t , S w a n s e a , I l l i n o i s