Heart and Cerebrovascular Circulation (BCVT 3)

This course will explore the deep development of the central structures of the cardiovascular system, especially the heart-brain connection. Students will learn a new cerebrovascular circulation protocol. This protocol is based on research showing decreased blood flow to the brain following a mild traumatic brain injury. This is combined specifically with exploring the carotid sinus via Primary Respiration (PR). Palpation skills will include deeper exploration of the vertebral artery, the sagittal sinus and jugular vein. Specific hand positions for sensing PR in the myocardium of the heart will be explored. These skills are vital in the experience of embodied wholeness as it relates to the metabolism of the central, autonomic and cardiovascular systems.

The vertebral artery will be explored by sensing the developmental anatomy of the occiput and traditional approaches to the atlanto-occipital joint. The vertebral artery supplies 20% of blood to the brain and the carotid arteries supply the remaining 80% of blood to the brain. These arteries are implicated in many types of challenges from headaches to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). It is the intention of BCVT to support the felt sense of wholeness in and around the body. Attention on the cardiovascular system and Fluid Body changes brain function, especially the way deep emotions are processed.

  • Learning to balance the heart-brain connection
  • Contacting Primary Respiration in the myocardium of the heart
  • Practicing a new cerebrovascular circulation protocol
  • A new protocol with the A-O Joint and vertebral artery